will sentient machines with real intelligence encage humans in the same way that humans encaged apes and chimpanzees? (RDC)
My top six disruptors:
- Energy & Energy Storage,
- Sentience in Silicon (not AI but real I and one million times faster than humans),
- (Autonomous) Robots,
- Gene Manipulation,
- Advanced Materials – (such as Graphene), and
- 3D Printing.
These disruptors will affect every fabric of our society:
- Employment (Any professions that routinely makes binary decisions based on precedence and SOPs will be candidates to be replaced by automation. About 50 percent of the current jobs are at risk (including aviation and pathology). Employment will ultimately become the exception.
- Economics (Social wage).
- Evolution (will sentient machines with real intelligence encage humans in the same way that humans encaged apes and chimpanzees?).
- Wealth (the wealth chasm).
- Health (lifespans, select/repair genomes).
- Politics (a move towards mob rule?).
- Relationships (reproduction, partnerships).
Where do I fit in to this new world order?
Informed beats Ignorant!
- Make no mistake. These disruptors will force humanity to adapt faster than it has ever evolved before. The military will lead with the development of sentient robots. Ask yourself “would I prefer a robot or my son/daughter to fight for and defend my country?)
- Adapt or Perish. “it is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself ” (Louisiana State University business professor Leon Megginson in 1963).
- Control your destiny. Disrupt yourself and remain in control otherwise risk being disrupted by others. Be like Amazon and Apple and disrupt yourself. Do not be a Kodak and be disrupted.
- Informed beats Ignorant! Research these topics. Analyse, invent, discover, build, experiment and learn.
Predict and Respond
I have a cautious but optimistic and exciting outlook for our future. Society has always improved over time. I see no reason why that must change. Practice what our mind evolved for, and does best: “Predict and Respond”.
I will write more about these topics if there is interest.